We are looking for motivated, energetic and enthusiastic people that have a commitment to quality and an eye for detail in our production team.
This position is responsible for safe and efficient operation of rotational molding machines in a Plastics Manufacturing environment.
Regular hours of work for this position are rotating 12-hour shifts, three days per week.
This position is responsible for safe operation of an air and electric powered tools and workplace specific designed tools.
- Roto Molding Assistants are responsible for ensuring that work is performed according to the organization’s ISO certification standards and Standard Operating Procedures as outlined in the Work Instructions for Rotomolding and Training Instructions Checklist.
- Read and accurately interpret Specification Sheets, Preventative Maintenance Checklist, Standard Operating Procedures and Operating Manual for each tool and machine in the department.
- Communicate effectively and cooperate with Rotomolding Operator, Production Co-ordinator, Quality Assurance and Maintenance to give and exchange information regarding current and future inventory, bad parts, first offs, work instructions and equipment issues.
- Understand sequence of production events, production efficiencies, cycle counts. Accurately identify and report potential issues that cause errors.
- Verify work instructions package for accuracy.
- Accurately and consistently count quantities of good and bad produced parts, measure produced parts, calculate and weigh resin, balance arm weights in molds. Compare temperatures, times, weights according to specifications. Estimate time required to complete tasks.
- Calculate production hours and complete Time Sheet entry form.
- Assist in research, troubleshooting and prototyping new parts. Learn how to use new production machines and equipment.
- Participate in tasks as assigned. Demonstrate flexibility with production priorities and schedule changes.
SKILL SETS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Able to lift approximately 50lbs
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Operation of basic hand tools and equipment
- Excellent attention to detail including organizational skills
- Must be reliable
- Must be willing to work in a team environment
- Able to read work orders
355 Airport Drive
JOB TYPE Full-time
Please Submit job application form